About the position – tractor operator
We are looking for a person that has extensive experience as a tractor driver!
As an employee at a winter destination, like Sirdal, you quickly get used to working according to nature’s principles. This means that when the snow is pouring down, you are at work during the day as well as at night. As a plow crew, you are responsible for keeping parking spaces and the surrounding area free of snow, sanding and generally ensuring a smooth arrival at the facility. An important job for the organization so that our guests can arrive at the facility no matter what weather they have in store.
As a tractor operator, you work in the operations department and in close dialogue with the operations manager.
- Maintenance of road access and the area associated with the facility
- Daily tractor maintenance
- Training will be provided
We are looking for a person that:
- Have experience with plowing
- Preferably Norwegian speaking, but English is also part of the working language
- Understands terrain, snow, and weather conditions
- Have professional pride and the ability to deliver a good product and result
- Is flexible and understands that changes can happen in a short time
- Understands the nature of the profession and working hours
- Have previous work experience with tractors and/or larger construction machinery
- Has mechanical understanding
- License B and T
- Exciting work close to the elements of nature
- Opportunity for personal development and learning
- Season pass in Sirdal Skisenter
- Staff discounts on food and drinks in restaurants operated by Sirdal Skisenter
- Possibility of being offered employee housing
About the working conditions
We are looking for a person that wants to work in the winter season but are aware of the variable and flexible working hours that are part of the nature of the profession!
As a seasonal employee at Sirdal Skisenter, you have an employment contract from the beginning of December to Easter Sunday. Greater work pressure must be expected during holidays (Christmas, winter holidays, Easter holidays and summer holidays), while it decreases in the inter-seasons (spring and autumn).
It is expected that everyone who applies for positions in Sirdal Skisenter & Sommerpark is available to be able to work weekends and holidays (Christmas, winter holiday Rogaland (week 9) and Easter holiday).
About Sirdal Skisenter & Sommerpark
Sirdal Ski Center is a family-owned year-round company that operates a ski center with, among other things, 8 lifts and 21 slopes, eateries and ski school. Throughout the year we have 24 rooms and cabin for rent. In the summer you will find activities for the whole family here, including Høyt & Lavt climbing park, mountain cart and canyoning. With 14 year-round employees and about 60 seasonal workers, Sirdal Skisenter is Norway’s 15th largest ski resort.
Located in mighty and beautiful surroundings at the very top of Agder, this ski paradise is the holiday paradise of the cabin beers who vacation in the 4600 holiday homes in Sirdal. Only 1.5 hours from Stavanger, the area is the preferred holiday destination among hikers.